Saturday, May 05, 2007

Stupid gripe

I realize how ridiculous this is, but nonetheless I have to get it off my chest: I hate the video for Stefy's Chelsea. Not because I don't like the song; in fact, I really like the song. What bugs me about it is that it's completely the wrong vision for the video.

If you listen to the song, the character of Chelsea is a cunning seductress. And yet, in the video, she's portrayed as a blond, gum-chewing bimbo. She's not! The character in the song is clever and devious. She's Sarah Michelle Gellar's character in Cruel Intentions, not Alicia Silverstone's character in fucking Clueless!

I don't know why this pisses me off so much. I just had this great vision of a badass, raven-haired, slitty-eyed minx of a woman when I listened to the song, and then I saw the video and wanted to throttle the director.

Hmmph.

No comments: