Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Your daily douchebag (12/11/07)

What an asshole.
"Abraham said this condition [that he accept the scientific basis of evolution] was never spelled out in the advertisement for the job and that his dismissal led to severe economic losses, an injured reputation, emotional pain and suffering and mental anguish."
I...he...gah! I don't even know where to start. Frankly, I think this sounds like a ploy to me. You can't tell me he didn't know that he might, just might, be expected to apply evolutionary principles in his job at Woods Hole. Anyone competent enough to be hired to work there knows that. I think he got himself hired to provoke them into firing him just to fan the flames of controversy. The fact that he is now employed at Liberty University only confirms this fact, as far as I'm concerned.

More generally, of course, I don't even know what it means to do biological research if you're not using evolutionary theory. It's like doing physics when you question the validity of math. It's a meaningless concept. "Un-evoluationary biology" is roughly equivalent to "pixie-based optics research," and yes, those closed-minded assholes at Caltech are going to "discriminate" against you and your pixie-based theory of light just as well as the guys at Woods Hole are not going to be happy about trying to perform Jesus-based pseudoscience inside their doors.

(Idiots! This country is full of idiots! And I'm trying not to think about the fact that Liberty enjoys tax-exempt status...)

No comments: