Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Discriminatory housing listing

So, I was wandering around HousingMaps for Seattle, and I came upon this listing.

So, not only does it prohibit pets, it prohibits lawyers. And Republicans.

Huh.

That seems like it might be, you know, discriminatory. Although at first I wondered if it really is because it doesn't fall into any of the normal categories like race, sexuality, etc. It's clearly prohibited if Republicanism can be considered a mental disability (sorry...I had to). Ultimately, I decided that it does fall under "creed," though. So I flagged it as prohibited. And sent a note to the person telling them what a douche they are.

Am I going to have to deal with such hypocritical douchebag granola liberals in Seattle? Ugh. They're almost as obnoxious as conservatives.

Almost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so wish I knew more (any) Republicans in Seattle. I would gladly pitch in to help anyone wanting the space for party campaign headquarters.

(Also, just want to flag that, if you're lucky, $3000 might get you a 1br in Manhattan that you could potentially split into two rooms. *sigh*)