Monday, March 07, 2005

Well, let's get ready to rumble, I guess...

I'll put money down that Republicans will attempt the rules change. How can they not? They believe they have a divine mandate to reshape the universe to their warped view of it. I just wish I thought it would generate the appropriate level of public outcry. That would mean the Democrats would have their shit together enough to frame their subsequent shutdown of government as a response to tyranny and the dismantling of minority rights and not, as the Republicans will inevitably try to paint it, as a bunch of grumpy children throwing a tantrum because they didn't get the flavor of lollipop they wanted. At the moment, I have no reason to hold such faith.

As Lord Helmet so famously put it in Space Balls, "Evil will always beat Good, because Good is dumb."

No comments: